Greece Has Attention Of Investors Once Again – Acadiana Business Index
Investors focus on wrangling in Greece as the Dow Jones Industrial Average falls 17 points to 12,845. Mark Lasseigne has your stock market report on today's Acadiana Business Index.
- Greece's political leaders again tried to agree on fiscal-austerity measures needed to keep Athens from defaulting on its debts next month.
- In corporate news, shares of Humana slid 5.8% after the health insurer's earnings and revenue missed expectations.
- Hasbro added 2.3% after the toy maker reported earnings and revenue in line with expectations but indicated that growth in the U.S. and Canada was weaker than anticipated.
- And Sohu.com plunged 15% after the Chinese Internet portal provided an outlook that was below current forecasts.
- Commodities were lower, as gold closed at $1,723 an ounce
- Crude-oil declined 1% to settle at $96.91 a barrel.
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury slipped to 1.90%.