Guns, Drugs, Cash Lead To Two New Iberia Arrests Wednesday
Iberia Parish Sheriffs detectives are continuing an investigation that led to the arrest of two New Iberia men who were booked on multiple drug and firearm charges Wednesday.
Sheriff's Spokesperson Maj. Ryan Turner reported two search warrants, both executed on Deare Street in New Iberia, yielded more than $3,500, six firearms with multiple rounds of extra ammunition, hydrocodone pills and marijuana.
Dequincy Jamel Lewis, 24, and Patrick Wayne Sam, 21, were booked into the Iberia parish jail as part of this investigation, but according to reports, more arrests are expected.
Lewis was booked on the following charges:
- Possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- Poss. with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics
- Monies derived from the sales of illegal narcotics
- Poss. of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Poss. of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- 2nd or subsequent offense / poss. of marijuana
Agents were tipped off to search the two suspects' residences who are believed to have been involved in illegal gang-related activity. Detectives reported the two men were filmed with firearms and illegal narcotics in music videos posted to social media.