Here is What You Really Should be ‘Spring Cleaning’
Now that Spring is officially here, it is time to do a little sprucing up, de-cluttering, and 'spring cleaning'. UGH. This time honored tradition can either be a chore, or a way for you to feel soooo much better about clearing your living space. Just think about what it feels like to have everything neat and organized in your home, and just dig in, y'all!
- Windows - and not just the glass. The track, sill, and casing seem to collect dust and bacteria in every home.
- Carpet - deep clean once or twice a year, and get a professional to do it.
- Refrigerator - toss anything that's been in there awhile, and clean shelves, drawers.and sides
- Pantry - clean out at least four times a year, and do a monthly check for expired foods
- Air and Furnace Filters - these are super important to keep up with, and spring is a good time to restock, and have them handy for a quick change
- The Garage - move all of the winter gear out, and bring the lawnmower, hoses, and summer tools to the forefront. Also, clean the floor, and fill up the gas can for that first mow of the year
- Things you might forget during regular maintenance - blinds, window sills, light fixtures, ceiling fans
- Shower Curtains and liners - wash at least four times a year
- Blinds - twice a year cleaning
- Oven - clean four times a year, but check it every month
- Garbage Disposal - clean monthly
- Doorknobs and Light Switches - things you use every day but might not think of cleaning as often
- Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer - simple, yet effective to clean these every day items