IBM Helps Dow To Positive Gains – Acadiana Business Index
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 96 points to 12,720.
- IBM accounting for nearly two-thirds of the Dow’s index's gains. Shares rose 4.4%, to $188.52
- Microsoft advanced 5.7%, to $29.71 after the company reported quarterly earnings that beat expectations.
- And Intel gained 2.9%, to $26.38. The chip maker earnings and revenue forecasts, amid strength in the personal-computer business.
- But Google fell $53.58 to $585.99, after reporting earnings and revenue that fell short of expectations.
- Light, sweet crude settled at $98.46 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Gold closing today at $1,664 an ounce.