Italy’s Debt Situation Continues To Affect Wall Street: Acadiana Business Index
Concerns in Italy were on the table again, as investors began doubting the ability of the country to implement cost cutting measures, and borrow money to finance their debt. Mark Lasseigne has your market report on today's Acadiana Business Index.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 75 points, to 12,079.
- Boeing rose 1.5% to 67.92 after the company said the United Arab Emirates and U.S. government held talks earlier this year about Boeing F-15 and F-18 Super Hornet fighter jets. The company also announced that Oman Air would buy six 787-8 Dreamliners in a $1.16 billion deal.
- International Business Machines, another Dow component, slipped 3 cents to 187.35, although Warren Buffett said that his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, has bought $10.7 billion worth of the technology giant's stock this year.
- Crude oil closed at $98.14 a barrel.
- And Gold settled at $1,778 an ounce.