Jury Acquits NO Man In Gretna Emcee’s Murder
GRETNA, La. (AP) — A Jefferson Parish jury has cleared a New Orleans man of murder in the death of a master of ceremonies outside a Gretna nightclub in December 2010.
The Times-Picayune (http://bit.ly/16aFZHq ) reports that jurors deliberated about 30 minutes Friday night before acquitting 27-year-old Jason Elliot in the death of 22-year-old Carl Grant.
Elliot's attorney, Martin Regan, says Grant belted out a rap song that offended some audience members, who started a fight in the Cozy Kit lounge. Gretna police say that outside the bar, two gunmen fired at least 10 times at Grant, hitting him about six times.
Thirty-one-year-old Adrian Williams of Gretna is serving life for Grant's death.
Elliot is still jailed, because he's accused of attacking a guard in jail last year. Regan says the deputy attacked Elliot.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com