Kid Friendly Spring Break Places in Louisiana
If you are looking forward to Spring Break, and have kids that want to do something unique and fun, you don’t have to go far. Our state tourism department at Louisiana Travel has some great suggestions for Kid Friendly Spring Break destinations all over Louisiana, and I love these!
- Audubon Nature Institute, New Orleans – includes the Aquarium of the Americas, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and the Audubon Zoo
- Creole Nature Trail, Lake Charles – hiking, shelling, birding, and fishing in one of Louisiana’s largest wetland areas
- Louisiana State Parks, Historic Sites, and Preservation Areas – you can stay at a cabin, camp, hike, and even make online reservations for these beautiful places
- Alexandria Zoological Park – centrally located, and you can even view alligators underwater in their natural habitat
- Sci-Port Louisiana’s Science Center, Shreveport – IMAX Dome Theater and a laser Space Dome Planetarium
- Greenwood and Gators – known as the ‘Gateway to Louisiana’, and also home to the historic Dunn Home, once used a hospital in the Civil War
- USS Kidd and Veterans Memorial, Baton Rouge – a former WWII Navy destroyer, you can even camp aboard overnight
- Global Wildlife Center, Folsom – a 900 acre free roaming wildlife preserve
- Cajun Encounters Swamp Tours, Slidell – seeing wildlife in its natural environment is kind of awesome!
- Acadian Village, Lafayette – walk through a beautiful setting of what cajun life looked like in the 1800s