Lafayette Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental
Lafayette Firefighters responded to an early morning fire at 108 Connie Circle to find the contents of an apartment completely destroyed. When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home's windows. Within 15 minutes the fire was extinguished but heavy damage was sustained. A nearby apartment sustained heavy smoke damage. There were no injuries reported as residents of both apartments were gone for the day.
Investigators determined the fire started when an electric cord of a window air conditioner arced and ignited curtains and the rear of a sofa.