Lafayette Fire Department Gets Grant For Carbon Monoxide Screeners
Firefighters in Lafayette will soon have a new tool to protect themselves and others.
The Lafayette Fire Department has just received a more than $22,000 grant to purchase seven pulse oximeters, devices used to screen for carbon monoxide exposure. The devices will be used to quickly screen firefighters and civilians in cases where a carbon monoxide detector goes off.
Lafayette Consolidated Government is chipping in $5,600 to the grant.