Lafayette Firefigthers Extinguish Blaze
At 9pm Saturday Lafayette firefighters responded to a call at the Park Side Apartment complex at 2401 E. Simcoe Street and discovered a fire at Unit #209. The blaze was extinguished in 15 minutes and contained to only that unit.
It was determined that one of the occupants had been cooking and left a pot on the stove which caused the fire. Heavy damage was sustained. There were no injuries as nobody was home at the time.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.