UPDATE: A second arrest has been made in the case of the Bourbon Street shooting that left one dead and 9 injured.

NOPD Chief Michael Harrison says 20-year-olds Jordan Clay and Kavon Manuel have each been charged with 2nd degree murder and nine counts of attempted murder.
===============================================================
An arrest has been made in the case of the Bourbon Street shooting that left Demontris Toliver dead and 9 others injured. NOPD Chief Michael Harrison says 20-year-old Jordan Clay of Lafayette has been charged with 2nd degree murder. He says a multi-agency investigation led to his arrest.

“We collected and analyzed multiple angels of surveillance video in and around the area. We interviewed victims and witnesses from the scene. We expanded our reach and resources on the ground by partnering with our regional, state, and federal partners,” Harrison said.

Harrison says Clay was arrested in St. Martin parish, where he is currently being held as he awaits extradition to New Orleans. He says they are still searching for a second suspect in the incident that occurred over the Thanksgiving weekend, the same weekend as the Bayou Classic.

“Through the course of this investigation, we were able to identify the suspects as two men from the Lafayette area who were in town for the weekend festivities,” Harrison said.

Harrison says the shooting occurred at 1 am last Sunday in the 100 block of Bourbon Street. He says the investigation is ongoing as they continue their search for the other suspect and try to identify a motive.

“We believe that Clay and the remaining suspect. They had been involved in an ongoing dispute outside of New Orleans, and they met again on Bourbon St. that morning. That encounter turned violent, and a shootout followed,” Harrison said.