Lafayette Parish Apartment Goes Up In Flames
Saturday afternoon around 12:30, firefighters from Judice, Scott, Duson, and Carencro Volunteer Fire Departments went out to an apartment fire at 122-B Marigny Circle.
Firefighters had to battle the blazed as smoke was seen with heavy smoke that came from the roof of the four plex. The fire was contained to only that apartment, but three apartments next to that one sustained smoke damage.
It took about 20 minutes for the fire to be brought under control.
Firefighters learned that the person living in 122-B, was starting to fry some food and left the stove unattended. They left to go to the store, and when they came back from the store, the kitchen was on fire.
Those residents then knocked on the other three apartments to get everyone out.
The people who live in all four apartments are now without a place to live, and the Acadiana Chapter of the American Red Cross will be helping the victims.
Investigators on the scene says the burner on the stove was left on, and they have ruled the cause of the fire to be an accident.