Lafayette Police Offer Parking Safety Tips For Holiday Season
Chief Jim Craft and the employees of Lafayette Police Department would like to wish all of its citizens a “Happy and Safe Holiday Season”. The Police Department offers the following safety tips while parking.
Holiday Crime Prevention Tips In Parking Lots:
- Shop early and leave early to avoid evening darkness.
- Park in a high visibility area and check for lighting in case you leave during hours of darkness.
- Do not park next to a vehicle with dark tinted windows.
- Prior to arriving at the shopping center, lock all your valuables in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Leave the store with others, not alone.
- Ask security to escort you to your vehicle if you feel uncomfortable.
- Walk briskly, confidently, and directly through the parking lot. Be cautious of people handing out fliers or asking questions in the parking area.
- Watch for people who may be following you. This can occur inside as well as outside. If you suspect someone following you, report it to security immediately.
Next, we will focus on tips while you are at home.