Lafayette Woman Booked On Laundry List Of Drug Charges
The St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office arrested a Lafayette woman after discovering a crack cocaine manufacturing operation in Breaux Bridge.
Sheriff's Spokesperson Maj. Ginny Higgins reported 22-year-old Menchella Girouard, of Lafayette was arrested after authorities received information regarding possible drug activity.
Narcotics agents executed a search warrant at two houses in the 900 block of W. Patin St. in Breaux Bridge. Higgins said agents found a "significant amount" of illegal drugs including methamphetamine and illegal prescription drugs.
Both houses also included laboratories designed for the manufacture of crack cocaine.
Girouard was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Possession with the intent to Distribute Schedule II CDS (Methamphetamine)
- Possession with the intent to Distribute Counterfeit CDS
- Possession with the intent to Distribute Schedule II CDS (Oxycodone)
- Possession of Schedule V CDS (Liquid Codeine)
- Operation of a clandestine laboratory for the unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance
- Illegal use of a CDS in the presence of a juvenile
- Violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substance Law Drug Free Zone
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia