Lafayette’s Project Front Yard Debris Drop Set for March 19th
Are you swamped with trash you just have nothing to do with and can't dispose of? Project Front Yard and the Lafayette Consolidated Government have the solution.
Project Front Yard will host a debris drop day on Saturday, March 19th from 7:30am to Noon. It is an opportunity for Lafayette residents and unincorporated Lafayette Parish to bring miscellaneous waste to one of five parks in the are to be properly disposed.
The parks participating include:
- Beaver Park off of Surrey Street
- Plantation Park off of Kaliste Saloom Road near Plantation Elementary
- Moore Park off of North University Avenue
- Neyland Park off of Eraste Landry Road
- Brown Park off of East Pont des Mouton Road
The intention of the waste drop-off is to provide LCG constituents with a disposal outlet for items which Republic Services does not collect the 55,000 households it serves under LCG's solid waste contract.
Items that will be accepted include:
- Tires (limit of 5)
- Construction debris
- Carpet & Padding
- Bags & Boxes of Old Clothes and other waste items
- Buckets, Containers
- Trash Cans
- Curtain Rods & Assemblies
- Small Appliances
- Car Parts
- Broken items such as flower pots, etc
- **Any broken, unwanted items EXCLUDING items
on the no accepted list**
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- Large Appliances
- Automotive Batteries
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Medical Waste
- Any power equipment with a gasoline engine
With all of the weather that has passed through the area, there has been plenty of debris that needs to be trashed. There are also many families with the need to do some cleanup. This is event is the perfect opportunity.
If you have any further questions or concerns, you may call 337-291-8529 or visit the Lafayette Consolidated Government website.