LFD Rescues Four From Mimosa Apartments Fire
At least four tenants at the Mimosa Place aprartment complex are looking for a place to stay following a fire this morning.
Lafayette Fire Department spokesperson Alton Trahan said at around 11 a.m. this morning, firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in Building D of the complex that began when a stove-top pot of cooking oil caught on fire.
That apartment where the fire originated sustained heavy fire damage. The breezeway between the adjacent apartments sustained moderate fire damage. Four adjoining apartments sustained water and smoke damage.
One firefighter sustained a minor burn while fighting the fire.
Firefighters rescued three occupants from a balcony who were trapped by the fire.
The fire was ruled an accident.