Lineman Survives Shock At Vidalia
VIDALIA, La. (AP) — A long-time Vidalia electrical lineman was hospitalized with third-degree burns after touching a live wire outside the city's municipal complex.
The Natchez Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/MSrW3a) that Travis Todd was working Monday in a transformer near City Hall when the accident happened.
"The lights dimmed all of a sudden, and we looked out and saw him out there by the transformer," Mayor Hyram Copeland said.
Todd was airlifted to Crossgates River Oaks Hospital in Brandon, where he was treated at the burn center. Copeland said Todd was burned on 35 percent of his body and will need surgery, but he was recovering.
"He survived and that's what's most important. His vital signs look good, and he's doing well considering the extent of the accident," Copeland said.
"He's up and eating mashed potatoes."
Copeland said Todd had been a lineman for the city for about 10 years.
Information from: Natchez Democrat, http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/