Man Not Seriously Injured After Fire
A burner that was left turned on led to a fire at an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Irene Street yesterday evening.
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says a neighbor alerted firefighters about a fire at a neighbor's apartment, and a man inside only had minor injuries.
A neighbor heard a fire alarm, and when she went outside to investigate, she says she saw smoke coming from the man's apartment.
Firefighters were there in minutes, and the elderly man was guided to safety.
The gentleman did have to be taken to the hospital for treatment on minor smoke inhalation.
The man left something in a pot on the stove, and he forgot to turn the burner off.