Man’s Cache Of Stolen Items Discovered
The Scott Police Department was able to arrest a man Tuesday morning that they allege is responsible for a few vehicle burglaries in their town.
Tuesday morning the police were called out to investigate an issue in the 500 block of Apollo Road to find 27-year-old Travis Hebert of Olla burglarizing a car according to Scott Police Chief Chad Leger.
Police found Hebert hiding in an RV, and they add that they found stolen items from at least two vehicle burglaries.
For one victim of Hebert's alleged crime, they will be getting their stuff back as Leger reports that they found that person's items they believe were stolen Hebert.
Officials say they also found a small amount of drugs and paraphernalia in the RV.
Hebert was booked into Lafayette jail on several charges. They are as follows:
- Public Intimidation and Retaliation
- Monetary Instrument Abuse
- Resisting an Officer by Refusing to Identify
- Possession of Legend Drugs without Prescription
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Schedule II Narcotics
- Disturbing the Peace by Public Intoxication
- One count of Illegal Possession of Stolen Things
- Two counts of simple Burglary
The arrest took place at around 12 o'clock Tuesday morning.