Mardi Gras Fun in Acadiana
Here's a list of events for those of you looking for some Mardi Gras fun in Acadiana:
Le Festival A' Mardi Gras at Cajun Field continues all weekend through Tuesday.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Children's Parade, Lafayette, 12:30 pm
- Krewe of Bonaparte Parade, Lafayette, 6:30 pm
- Krewe of Dionysus in Bayou Vista 2:00 p.m.
- Cypremort Point Parade, Cypremort Point 1 p.m.
- Jennings Mardi Gras Festival & Parade: Activities begin in Founders Park on Main Street at 11:00 a.m with great food cookin' & family fun & crafts. The 21st Annual parade begins at 4:30 p.m. on North Main St. Immediately following the parade, dance & listen to the music from a DJ in Founders Park. Then at 6:30 p.m. Live from the Founders Park The Pine Leaf Boys will be performing until 8:30!
- Lake Fausse Pointe State Park will be holding its annual Mardi Gras Parade at 2:00 pm.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Krewe of Galatea in Morgan City 2:00 p.m.
- New Comer's Mardi Gras Parade, St. Martinville, 1:00 PM
- 2013 Adult Courir de Mardi Gras Run Church Point(Saddle Tramp Clubhouse), 21 to 35 years old $35, Under 21 years old $25, Must Have a Valid Gov't I.D. or Driver's License. 7:00 AM Sign-Up, 8:00 AM Run Begins, 11:00 AM ~ Main Street Festival / Fair Grounds Open, 2:00 PM ~ Courir de Mardi Gras Parade Main Street - Church Point. Music Line Up: 12:00 - 2:00 PM ~ Louisiana Road Trip, 3:30 - 6:30 PM ~ Jason Frey & Lagniappe.
Monday, February 11, 2013
- Queen Evangeline's Parade, Lafayette, 6:00 pm.
- 15th Annual Lundi Gras Parade Krewe of Amani in Patterson 2:00 p.m.
- Lundi Gras at Le Vieux Village in Opelousas. This is a free cultural event. Guided tours of the historic village from 1:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., a Mardi Gras costume contest, Native American Dance exhibition and live entertainment by Geno Delafose and French Rockin Boogie from 5:30 - 8:00 pm. Lawn chairs for seating allowed. Ice chests will not be allowed. Beverages and food will be available for purchase on site. www.cityofopelousas.com
- Carnival d'Acadie-- downtown Crowley. 6:30-9:00, Beer 30. 9:30-11:00, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- Eunice Courir De Mardi Gras 2013 leaves Northwest Center at 8am. In downtown Eunice, arts, crafts, food, music and dancing will be held at 10am. At the Park Avenue Stage, Cajun Fab 4 at 10am, Paul Daigle and Cajun Gold at 1pm, truck parade at 2:45pm followed by the Courir de Mardi Gras, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys at 4pm-6pm. At the Second and Walnut Street Stage, Band TBA at 11am. At Ruby's Dance Hall, Band TBA at 11am and Band TBA at 6pm.
- 26th Annual Tee Mamou-Iota Mardi Gras Folklife Festival in downtown Iota. The festivities will kick off at 9:00am and go on until the streets are cleared at 5:00pm.
- Courir de Mardi Gras de Grand Mamou, 6:30 am, Mamou
- Half Fast Krewe of Frank's Parade, Opelousas, 11:00 am
- King Gabriel's Parade, Lafayette, 10:00 am
- Grand Marais Mardi Gras Parade, Grand Marais/Jeanerette, 11:00 am
- Carnival d'Acadie, Crowley. Parade at 3:00. Music by Jamie Bergeron then Kenne' Wayne.
- Lafayette Mardi Gras Festival Parade, Lafayette, 1:00 pm
- KADN/KLAF Independent Parade, Lafayette, 2:00 pm
- Krewe of Hephaestus in Morgan City 2:00 p.m.
- Family Parade, Loreauville, 2:00 pm
- Krewe Chic-a-la-Pie Parade, Kaplan, 2:00 pm
- Krewe of Coteau Mardi Gras Parade - Coteu, LA 1 p.m.
- Mardi Gras Show (Mardi Gras Indian competition) at Clark Field, 5 pm.