Market Ends Week On Negative Note – Acadiana Business Index
Stocks opened lower after data showed China's economy expanded at its slowest pace in three years as the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 137 points. Mark Lasseigne has your stock market report on Friday's Acadiana Business Index.
In corporate news,
- Google declined 4.1%, to 624.60. Google beat earnings expectations, but the average price it charged for each ad click was lower than expectations.
- Coinstar rose 7.3% to 65.78. The raised its forecasts on increased demand at its Redbox movie-rental kiosks.
- Dow Chemical rose 1.6%, to 33.20, after the company's board approved an increase in the quarterly dividend.
- Cheniere Energy gained 7.4%, 16.89. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission said it plans to take up the company's application to build an export facility in Louisiana. If approved, Cheniere will become the first company in years to get approval to export liquefied natural gas from the U.S.
- Light sweet crude settled at $102.83 a barrel.
- And, gold closed at $1,659 an ounce.