Mermentau Man Jailed On Drug & Firearm Charges
Acadia Parish Sheriff''s deputies arrested a Mermentau man on a host of drug charges.
Sheriff K.P. Gibson reported Lee Harrison Varnado was booked into the Acadia Parish Jail following the execution of a search warrant at his Mermentau residence.
Deputies recovered a loot of narcotics including: 3.3 grams of crystal meth, 8.9 grams of marijuana, alprazolam (Xanax) pills and drug paraphernalia. Also recovered was a .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun.
Varnado was booked on the following charges:
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Crystal Methamphetamine
- Possession of Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Illegal Possession of a Firearm in the Presence of a CDS
- Introduction of Contraband Into a Penal Institution
Our deputies worked hard to obtain a search warrant for the residence and did a good job removing narcotics from our streets. We will continue our efforts to fight this growing epidemic” Gibson said.