Mom And Son Escape Apartment Fire In Lafayette
An improperly discarded cigarette causes an apartment fire in Lafayette. It happened this afternoon around 3:30 upstairs in a two-story apartment on Rue Royale. Fire Department spokesperson Alton Trahan says a mom and her son were home when the fire started. Ms. Langston was asleep in the room. When she woke up there was light smoke in the bedroom, quickly filling it. She was able to grab her son and escape without any injuries. Investigators determined the cigarette started the fire in the bedroom on top of the bed. The upstairs area was heavily damaged.