Multiple Arrests By The Vermilion/Municipal Narcotics Task Force
The Vermilion/Municipal Narcotics Task Force has been very busy recently with a variety of different drug related arrests. The following people were arrested for drug related crimes: (charges included)
- Cobi Broussard (dob 12-8-79) of Abbeville, arrested and charged with possession of Marijuana. Total bond was set at $3,000.00.
- Russell Saddler Jr (dob 11-17-83) arrested and charged after selling undercover operatives illicit pills and representing them to be oxycotin. Under the Louisiana Unformed controlled dangerous substances acts, the same penalty applies in such cases that the purported items sold in drug operations is represented as an illegal controlled substance by the offender. Total bond set was $60,000.
- Billy Comeaux Jr, (dob 12-29-1990), of Abbeville, arrested and charged with Distribution of Crack Cocaine after selling to undercover operatives. Bond was set at $40,000.00
- Dennis Petry, (dob 6-30-1986), of Abbeville, arrested and charged with Distribution of Crack Cocaine after selling to undercover operatives. Bond was set at $75,000.00
- Alvin O’Brien, (dob 10-13-1982), of Abbeville, arrested charged with Distribution of Crack Cocaine after selling to undercover operatives. Bond was set at $75,000.00
The Sheriff of Vermilion Parish, Mike Couvillon, says there are many people to thank for their help in with the task force including the following:
- Abbeville Mayor Mark Piazza
- Kaplan Mayor Kirk Champagne
- Abbeville Chief of Police Tony Hardy
- Kaplan Chief Boyd Adams
Couvillion says, "It is my hope that in the near future other towns and cities in the parish of Vermilion will be able to assist in the continuing fight against illicit drugs.”
He adds that all citizens with information in regards to illegal drug activities to contact the Vermilion Parish Sheriff’s Office or the Vermilion Parish Municipal Narcotics Task Force at 337-740-4501 or E-mail the Task Force anonymously at email@example.com.