Natural Gas Surges – Acadiana Business Index
- Investors continued to monitor developments in the Greek debt negotiations and ahead of the Fed's two-day policy setting meeting this week.
- In corporate news, Halliburton (HAL 35.44, -2.1%). Although the oil and gas services play posted an upside earnings surprise.
- Oil prices edged higher after the European Union announced it would back a call for U.S. sanctions on oil imports from Iran. However, the sanctions will not come into effect until July1 in order to give EU member states time to fulfill existing contracts with Tehran.
- Light, sweet crude settled at $99.72 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Natural gas snapped its losing streak, surging 7.7% to close at $2.53 per MMBtu
Gold closing at $1,664 an ounce.