New Hopes In Greece Has Positive Effects On Wall Street – Acadiana Business Index
Wall Street moves higher on new hopes for Greece. Mark Lasseigne has your stock market report on today's Acadiana Business Index.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average advanced 73 points to 12,874.
- The Greek Parliament passed budget cutting measures required to receive the international bailout funds needed to keep the country afloat.
- Standards and Poor’s rating agency lowered its investment-grade credit ratings on 15 Spain-based banks. This comes a month after the firm downgraded its ratings on Spain.
- Apple broken and closed above $500. The stock has risen 23% since the start of the year. Apple closing at $502.60 a share.
- Crude-oil climbed higher to $101 a barrel.
- And gold closed at $1,725 an ounce.