New Iberia Woman Arrested After Single Vehicle Crash
A St. Mary Parish Sheriff's deputy was called out to a single vehicle crash on Highway 182 near Highway 90 in Bayou Vista to find the car, but no driver.
The deputy found a car in the ditch between the two roadways along with an open bottle of beer on the ground by the car along with several bottles in Christina Derouen's car.
Derouen's wallet was found, and the deputy was able to tie the woman to the crash. They say she took after after teh crash.
Deputies were able to catch up with Derouen after someone reported a suspicious person walking on Highway 182 near Moon Road.
Derouen was arrested on the following charges:
- Failure to report an accident
- Careless operation of a motor vehicle
- Hit and run driving
- Possession of Schedule II (Vyvanse and Focalin)
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Possession of (open) alcoholic beverages in motor vehicles
A deputy found the Vyvanse pills on Derouen while she was being arrested.