Lafayette Fire Starts In Chimney
A house fire began burning after a homeowner used his fireplace. It all happened last night at a home on North Mountauban Drive at around 9:20.
Lafayette firefighters responded to the call from the homeowner, who originally noticed flames coming out of his chimney. He said that he had been using the fireplace for 2 hours before noticing crackling noises.
Firefighters had the fire doused after getting into the attic and working at it for 30 minutes.
The roof and area around the flue have heavy fire damage. Inside the home there was smoke damage around the area of the fireplace itself.
Investigators said that the fire started in the flue of the fireplace. No one was injured in the fire.