No Injuries In Early Morning Lafayette Fire
Lafayette firefighters were called out at 1:45 this morning to a home at 100 Amber Street where they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.
Even though the blaze was contained in about 15 minutes the home sustained heavy fire and smoke damage.
The family was awakened by a smoke detector and everyone managed to escape unharmed.
Investigators determined aluminum wiring in an electrical outlet in the living room overheated and started the blaze.