No One Injured In Scott Fire
SCOTT, La. (KPEL) -- A family pet is receiving treatment from a veterinarian after fire departments from three different cities battled a blaze on Lebesque Road in Scott.
Investigators with the Scott Fire Department say they responded to the home Saturday night at around 8:47 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, the porch and living room were onfire and had started spreading through the home. After getting reports that the homeowner was inside, two separate crews went in--one to search for the resident while the other worked to extinguish the fire.
The fire was eventually contained to the living room and the kitchen, investigators said.
The homeowner was not home at the time, investigators said, but firefighters did rescue a pet pitbull, investigators said.
Officials believed the fire was sparked by a short in a wall electrical outlet.