Optimism On The Markets Leads To Gains – Acadiana Business Index
Markets held their mid session gains into the closing bell as optimism on the U.S. economy strengthened. Ken Meyers has the latest on what’s happening on Wall Street in Thursday’s Acadiana Business Index.
- The Dow Jones ended 115 points higher to 13,206, the S&P 500 advanced 9 points to 1400, and the NASDAQ added 21 points to close at 3051.
- Stocks advanced in the session as investors gained confidence in the U.S. recovery following a positive housing report and an overall better-than-expected earnings season.
- The March pending home sales index jumped 4.1%, significantly topping consensus estimates for a 1% gain.
- Weekly jobless claims disappointed, but still showed improvement over the longer-term.
- Corporate earnings were mixed throughout the day, but have been largely better-than-forecasts.
For the rest of Thursday’s market report, click Ken’s Market Report.