Parks Father And Husband Arrested In Marijuana Bust
24-year-old Kory Melancon is now behind charges on numerous drug and weapon charges after narcotics agents say they found a marijuana lab at his home.
Major Ginny Higgins with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office says agents acting on a tip went to the home on LaFreniere Road in Parks and found the alleged cultivation lab worth an estimated $5,000.00. Major Higgins says the large scale lab produced several marijuana plants and a large amount of high grade marijuana that had a street value of approximately $30,000.00. Agents also say they seized $3,340.00.
Kory Melancon, who was living there with his wife and small child, was arrested on the following charges:
- Manufacturing of Schedule I C.D.S. (Marijuana)
- Operation of a Clandestine Laboratory for the Unlawful Manufacture of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Illegal Carrying of a Weapon
- Illegal use of a Controlled Dangerous Substance in the Presence of a Minor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Melancon was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center and is currently awaiting bond.