Places in Acadiana We Wish Were Open 24 Hours
When you don't work a 9-5 job, like I don't, then sometimes it is hard to find basic services, or things you need, that are open when you are not working. For instance, there are a lot of spots that I would love to patronize when I get off the air at 7:00, but they are closed. So, I came up with a list of places around Acadiana that I wish would be open 24 hours. Feel free to add your own in!
- Olde Tyme Grocery - it doesn't matter what time it is, I can always go for an Olde Tyme po boy
- Wal Mart - they used to be open 24 hours, but alas, no longer
- Dr John Theriot's office - I love my dentist, and sometimes I have a toothache at midnight
- Rouse's Supermarket's - I really, really like going to grocery stores in the middle of the night
- New Orleans's Original Daiquiri's - yes, I might or might not need a frozen concoction at 3:00 am - don't judge
- Fresh Pickins Produce Market - how many times have I needed some fresh ingredients for a recipe, and couldn't get in here
- Best Stop in Scott - I always need boudin and cracklin, it doesn't matter what time it is
- Don's Specialty Meats in Scott - I might need a delish plate lunch or boneless stuffed chicken at 1:00 am
- Cajun Candles in Kaplan - I can always use some aromatherapy, and their candles are divine
- Sans Souci Gallery - I'm always on the look out for the best original art, pottery, and gifts, and I would definitely be a customer in the overnight hours here
- Lourdes After Hours on Kaliste Saloom - when I broke my arm this summer, it was 11:00 pm, and I wished they were open!
- Keller's Bakery - I need some of those yummy petit fours stat!
- Ricky Meche's Donut King - because when you need a king cake, you don't care what time it is
- Service Chevrolet Cadillac Service Department - these folks are awesome, but sometimes my car needs some TLC after 5:00 pm
- CC's Coffee House - anywhere, anytime
- Todd's Car Wash - When you need your oil changed, and a turbo wash, and it's 10:00 pm...
- Lolli's Chocolates in the Oil Center - duh