Pot Left On Stove Ignites Lafayette House Fire
Two people were taken to the hospital last night just as a precaution from smoke inhalation they got from going into a burning home.
Lafayette Fire Department Spokesman Alton Trahan says the two neighbors were worried there were children inside of the home when they saw heavy smoke coming from the house.
Firefighters needed about ten minutes to put out the fire that started in the kitchen.
They say a pot with grease left on the stove was ignited after a burner was accidentally left on.
The two people are find, and the family was not home at the time of the fire.
Jacoby Yancy, his girlfriend and their children were thankfully not at home with the fire. happened.
The fire was ruled an accident.
The fire happened at the home at 126 Edna Street.