Ragin’ Cajuns Baseball and Softball Teams Heading To Mobile (Audio)
Both the Ragin' Cajuns Baseball and Softball teams are heading to Mobile, Ala. this weekend toting with them winning overall and conference records.
ESPN 1420's Steve Peloquin joined Rob and Bernie on Acadiana's Morning news to review this weekend's matchups.
The Ragin' Cajuns Baseball team (16-8) (31-17) won two of three this weekend to take another Sun Belt series over the Appalachain State Mountaineers.
Tony Robichaux's No. 19 nationally ranked squad heads to Mobile to face the South Alabama Jaguars who top the Sun Belt standings with a 19-5 conference record (36-14 overall).
The Ragin' Cajuns Softball team completed a three-game sweep of UL Monroe this weekend earning them a 14th regular season softball title in 16 years and the No. 1 seed in the 2016 Sun Belt Conference Softball Championship that begins this week--also in Mobile.
Michael Lotief's squad closes out the season with a 40-7 overall record. Peoquin said their 21 conference wins ties the record for the Cajuns' Sun Belt victories that was set in 2012.
With both teams in Mobile, Cajuns fans have a great opportunity to see both winning teams during a weekend outing to Mobile.
But if you can't make it to Alabama, no worries all the games for both teams will air live on out TownSquare Lafayette stations.
UL Ragin' Cajuns Baseball
- Fri., May 13 vs. South Alabama @ 6:30 p.m. on KPEL 96.5 FM
- Sat., May 14 vs. South Alabama @ 6:30 p.m.on KPEL 96.5 FM
- Sun., May 15 vs. South Alabama @ 1 p.m.on KPEL 96.5 FM
UL Ragin' Cajuns Softball
- Thurs, May 12 vs. Ga. Southern, Ga. State or UL Monroe @ 10 a.m. on ESPN 1420
- The subsequent softball games will be aired on ESPN 1420 at times based on the Sun Belt Tournament Bracket.