Scholarships Available To St. Martin Parish Seniors
Students at three high schools in St. Martin Parish have a chance to win a $1,000.00 college scholarship.
These scholarships will be awarded to one Senior at each of the following schools: Breaux Bridge High School, St. Martinville High School, and Cecilia High School. St. Martin Parish Sheriff Ronald J. Theriot says applications have been passed out to students at these three schools and will also be available at the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office on 400 St. Martin Street, St. Martinville, and at the Public Safety Complex on 4870 North Main Highway St. Martinville, La. 70582. You can also call Major Ginny Higgins at (337) 394-2606 if you need more information.
The names of the scholarship winners will be announced by May 31, 2014, after applications or reviewed by a committee of non-partisan citizens who will select the winners.
Criteria for applying for the 2014 Ronald J. Theriot Scholarship is as follows:
There will be no restriction on any applicant by reason of race, creed, color, age, sex, or national origin. The only limitations are as follows:
- Applicant must be a resident of St. Martin Parish.
- Open to any Senior at Breaux Bridge, Cecilia, or St. Martinville Senior High Schools.
- The applicant plans to be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student for the Fall Semester of 2014.
- The applicant must be eligible for admission to the school indicated on the application.
- The applicant must show a financial need by providing a copy of their parent’s 2013 Tax Return Form.
- The application must be filled out fully and have all required documents attached at the time of submission.
Completed applications need to be returned by May 1, 2014, to:
Att: Major Ginny Higgins
St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office
P.O. Box 247
St. Martinville, La. 70582
Or, they can also be dropped off at the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office, 400 St. Martin Street, St. Martinville, La.