Secretary Of State Reminds Voters Of Election Day Issues
Today, Tuesday, November 4th is election day for eligible Louisiana voters.
In addition to Congressional races, a Senate race, and 14 constitutional amendments, voters will also have to decide on multiple local races.
Secretary of State Tom Schedler says,
"We anticipate a strong turnout on Tuesday across the state. This is an election like no other for Louisiana in terms of the size of the election, the anticipated turnout and the national media attention surrounding our U.S. Senate race. I encourage everyone to go exercise their right to vote and to educate themselves on the candidates and the issues before going to the polls so we can minimize wait times. Every vote counts, so Geaux Vote!"
Schedler has a few reminders for voters:
- Remember you only have three minutes in the voting booth.
- Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to cost their vote
- Sample ballots are available at geauxvote.com
- Voters should bring an ID with them to go to the polls. If you do not have an ID you will be required to fill out an affidavit.
You can get more information at http://www.geauxvote.com.