Security Breach Makes An Impact – Acadiana Business Index
- The S&P index is up 12% this year, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has gained 8%.
- The Nasdaq Composite is ahead a blistering 18.8%.
- Consumers spent more the first two months of the year. The gains reflect higher energy costs and lower savings as income growth is weak.
- Elsewhere, a reading on March manufacturing activity in the Chicago area came in slightly lower than expected.
- Global Payments fell 11%. The processor of credit and debit cards for banks and merchants was hit by a security breach that put around 50,000 cardholders at risk.
- And GasLog, a liquefied natural gas company, fell 9% on its first day as a publicly traded company.
- Light sweet crude settled at $103.022.78 a barrel.
- While gold closed at $1,672 an ounce.