Several Acadiana Lawmakers Face No Opposition
Qualifying for the upcoming October primary ended yesterday, and several Acadiana lawmakers are automatically re-elected after facing no challenges by anyone for their respective races.
Eight state representatives from Acadiana including Representative Stuart Bishop of Lafayette and Bob Hensgens of Vermilion Parish will be returning to their jobs.
Five Acadiana State Senators will be returning to their jobs in the Louisiana Legislature including State Senator Freddie MIlls of St. Martin Parish and State Senator Jonathan Perry of Vermilion Parish.
The following is a list of the Acadiana State Representatives who will be returning to their jobs at the Louisiana Capitol:
- State Rep. H. Bernard LeBas, D- Ville Platte
- State Rep. "Mike Pete" Huval, R- Breaux Bridge
- State Rep. Taylor Barras, R- New Iberia
- State Rep. Stuart Bishop, R- Lafayette
- State Rep. Sam Jones, D- Franklin
- State Rep. "Bob" Hensgens, R- Gueydan
- State Rep. Jack Montoucet, D-Scott
- State Rep. H. Bernard LeBas, D-Ville Platte
The following is a list of the Acadiana State Senators who will be returning to their jobs at the Louisiana Capitol:
- State Sen. Eric LaFleur, D-Ville Platte
- State Sen. Fred "T-Fred" Mills Jr., R- St. Martinville
- State Sen. R. L. "Bret" Allain II, R- Jeanerette
- State Sen. Dan W. "Blade" Morrish, R - Jennings
- State Sen. Jonathan Perry, R- Kaplan