Several Children’s Products Have Been Recalled
Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry says there have been several recalls of children's products.
From seats to clothing, Landry says he wants residents of Louisiana to be aware of the dangers of the products and what to do with them.
"As Attorney General – I am committed to making our communities safer places to live, work, and raise our families. I encourage Louisiana parents and guardians to heed notice of these product recalls and take action to ensure the safety of our State’s youth.”
The items recalled including the following:
Darth Vader and Disneyland 60th Infant Bodysuits
- Includes a gray bodysuit with black sleeves that reads, “If you only knew the power of THE DARK SIDE,” sold in sizes 3M, 6M, 12M, 18M, and 24M.
- Also includes a light blue bodysuit that reads, “60th Disneyland Resort, Diamond Celebration,” sold in in sizes 6M, 12M, 18M, and 24M.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bodysuits and contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts for instructions on returning the bodysuit for a full refund.
- Britax B-Ready Stroller and B-Ready Replacement Top Seats
- Includes a stroller with a silver or black frame and solid-colored top seat, in a variety of colors, with a Britax logo on the side hinges and foot rest.
- Also includes replacement top seats, which were sold separately in a variety of colors and fit the stroller’s frame.
- Consumers should immediately remove the arm bar and replacement top seats and contact Britax for a free black, zippered arm bar cover and a warning label to apply to the strollers and replacement top seats.
- Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite Infant Car Seats and Travel Systems
- Includes car seat/carriers that have a canopy, black shell, and base and were sold in a variety of colors between October 1, 2014 and July 1, 2015.
- Consumers should immediately stop carrying the car sear by the handle and contact Britax to receive a free repair kit.
- Chillafish BMXie, Chillafish Jack, and Chillafish Josie Balance Bikes
- Includes all Chillafish BMXie, Chillafish Jack, and Chillafish Josie balance bikes, which were designed for 2-5 year old children and have no pedals or chains.
- Consumers should immediately stop children from using the recalled bikes and contact Chillafish for a free repair.
- Wedgwood Decorative Baby Rattles
- Includes all silver-plated Peter Rabbit rattles, which are 4.5 by 2 inches and have, “hop hop hop,” embossed on one end cap and, “hop little rabbit,” on the other end cap.
- Consumers should immediately stop children from using the rattles and contact Wedgwood for a full refund.
- Dollar General Construction Truck Toy Vehicles
- Includes an orange and black remote controlled plastic toy excavator and shovel loader.
- Consumers should immediately stop children from playing with the toy and contact Dollar General for a full refund.
- Classic Characters Infant Booties
- Includes infant knit Elf Booties sold in sizes 6-12 months. They are green with red and white trim with a yellow pom-pom on the toe.
- Consumers should immediately stop using booties and return them to a Cracker Barrel Old Country Store for a full refund or contact Classic Characters for instructions on returning the item for a full refund.
- Nuna Baby Essentials High Chairs
- Includes ZAAZTM high chairs in the following models: HC-07-004 (pewter), HC-07-005 (carbon), HC -07-006 (plum) HC-07-009 (almond), HC 08-004 (pewter), HC 08-005 (carbon), HC 08-006 (plum), and HC 08-009 (almond)
- Consumers should immediately stop using these high chairs and contact Nuna to receive a free new arm bar with instructions on how to replace it.
- Creating X Children’s Pajamas
- Involves two styles of children’s footed pajamas: 100% cotton one piece, long-sleeved footed pajama with a zip-up closure starting from the left ankle and 100% cotton one piece, long sleeved footed pajama with a hood, two front pockets, and a zip-up closure starting from the left ankle.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the item and contact Creating X for instructions on receiving store credit.
- Manhattan Table Top Toy
- Involves table top loop toy colored orange, green, blue, and purple and has beads that pass up and down the tubing. The toy is 4.5 by 4.5 inches.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled toy and return it to the store it was purchased from or contact Manhattan Toy for a full refund.
If you have other questions about these or other items you can get information by going to www.AGJeffLandry.com or by calling the Louisiana Consumer Protection Hotline at 800-351-4889.