Shorted Outlet To Blame For Tuesday Evening Fire In Scott
A shorted electrical outlet is being blamed for a fire in Scott Tuesday evening.
According to Chief Scott Sonnier of the Scott Volunteer Fire Department, firefighters were called out to a home Lebesque Road at about at 6:46 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, they observed light smoke throughout the home and were able to identify the source near a bedroom outlet and were able to put the fire out quickly.
Sonnier said it appears a space heater was plugged into the outlet that shorted out, igniting a small fire that spread to the wall and floor.
Four family members were in the home at the time, but they were able to make it out safely.