St. Landry Sheriff Says Operation Crackdown Leads To Several Arrests
St. Landry Parish Sheriff Bobby Guidroz says members of the St. Landry Sheriff's Narcotics Enforcement Team along with the Highway Interdiction Team conducted a warrant round-up and several arrests were made.
Guidroz says, "During the warrant round-up, narcotic agents were able to seize crack cocaine, prescription pills and drug paraphernalia."
He says the warrants were obtained after hours of surveillance and undercover purchases from several dealers though out St. Landry Parish.
Eight suspects were arrested:
- Dusti Michelle Roy, age 24, 936 Lastrapes St., Opelousas, La., Possession of Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana), Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Keith Joseph Riggs, age 26, 135 Pershing Hwy., Sunset, La., 2 counts Distribution of Schedule II Controlled Dangerous Substance (“Crack” Cocaine)
- Logan Elizabeth Edge, age 21, 940 Lastrapes St. Opelousas La., Distribution of a Schedule II Controlled dangerous Substance (Oxycodone), Distribution of a schedule II Controlled dangerous Substance (Morphine).
- Sidney A. Rogers, age 29, 523 McGuffy Rd, Lawtell La., Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana), Possession of Drug paraphernalia, 2 counts Possession of Legend Drug without Prescription.
- Danielle R. Bridges, age 30, 523 McGuffy Rd, Lawtell La., 2 counts Possession of Legend Drug without Prescription.
- Daisha J. Kibodeaux, age 31, 351 Richard Street Apartment # G27 Sunset La., Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance (Marijuana), Illegal Use of a Controlled Dangerous in the Presence of Person Under Seventeen Years of Age.
- Disary D. Richard, age 29, 1342 Hayward Street, Lot 6, Opelousas, La., Distribution of a schedule I controlled dangerous substance (Marijuana), Distribution of a schedule IV controlled dangerous substance (Xanax).
- Dallas J. Sam Jr., age 49, 1211 Garland Ave. Apt. 5 Opelousas, La., Distribution of a schedule III Controlled Dangerous Substance (Hydrocodone); Violation of the uniform controlled dangerous substance law: Drug Free Zone.
Guidroz says five suspects are still at large.