The St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office is urging residents and businesses in St. Martin Parish to report their damage to the Sheriff's Office as soon as possible.

Major Ginny Higgins, spokeswoman with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office, says each person who has damage, whether it is their home and/or business that was damaged, it needs to recorded so that St. Martin Parish can qualify for help through FEMA.

The Federal Emergency Management Assocation will need detailed information.

Higgins says you need to call or email the following information to the St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office if you live or have a business in St. Martin Parish:

  • Name and Address
  • Contact Information (phone and email)
  • Pictures of any and all damage
  • How deep the water was
  • Whether you own or rent the property
  • Whether or not you have flood insurance coverage

Please contact the St. Martin Parish OHSEP Office at (337) 394-2810 or via email at