St. Mary Parish Arrest Convicted Felon
Narcotics agent with St. Mary Parish and Morgan City Police made a traffic stop on Highway 70, and ended up arresting 18-year-old Christian Businelle, a passenger in the car.
Agents say once they got permission to search the car they found:
- Bags of synthetic cannabinoids
- A bag of marijuana
- A digital scale
- Rolling papers
- A .22 caliber revolver with an obliterated serial number
All of these items were found on the floor board of the passenger's seat.
Police say they then went to Businelle's home where they found another bag of synthetic cannabinoids.
The total street value of all the drugs is around $2,000.
Businelle, a convicted felon, was arrested on the following charges:
- Possession of synthetic cannabinoids with intent to distribute
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance
- Transaction involving drug proceeds
- Violation of CDS law (drug free zone)
- Possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number or mark
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
Businelle was taken to the St. Mary Parish Jail.