St. Mary Parish Homeowners Lock Burglary Suspect In Utility Room
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office reports 48-year-old Mark Buteaux was arrested just before 2 a.m. Tuesday morning after it is alleged that he broke into their utility room.
Deputies talked to the homeowners when they got to the scene to find out that they heard a noise, and went to investigate what was happening in their utility room only to find Buteaux was drunk and had eaten to cans of their food.
The homeowners told deputies they locked Buteaux in the room at their Shady Grove Street home in Patterson and called police.
Buteaux was taken to the St. Mary Parish Jail where he refused to give his identity to the correctional officers.
They eventually discovered his identity and an outstanding warrant.
Buteaux was booked on the following charges:
- Burglary of an inhabited dwelling
- Disturbing the peace (intoxicated)
- Misrepresentation during booking
- Warrant for probation violation
- Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious person at a residence on Teche