St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office Arrest Report
Over the last 24 hours, the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office responded to 43 complaints and arrested 6 people, including 1 arrest made by the Narcotics Division.
- Tyren Abraham, 17, 217 Lockley Street, Baldwin, LA was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 3:33 pm for assault on a school teacher. A School Resource Officer responded to West St. Mary High School after receiving a complaint of an assault. The deputy learned from several witnesses at the school that Abraham was seen making threatening gestures and statements to a school administrator. Following the investigation, Abraham was released on a summons to appear in court on January 13, 2015.
- Elias Todd, 21, 120 Mill Road, Patterson, LA was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 5:29 pm on a warrant for illegal possession of stolen things. Monday, October 19, 2015, the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office received a complaint of a vehicle burglary on Zenor Road. The victim reported that a laptop computer was stolen from a company vehicle. The detective assigned to the case learned that Todd attempted to sell the stolen computer at a local pawn shop. Narcotics Detectives located Todd driving on Roderick Street and stopped the vehicle. Todd and a passenger in the vehicle, identified as Jerret Cortez, agreed to come to the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office in Morgan City in regards to the theft investigation. Todd was subsequently arrested on the warrant. No bail is set.
- Ragan Hines, 34, 144 Red Oak Drive, Vicksburg, MS was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 6:28 pm for disturbing the peace (intoxication) and remaining where forbidden. A deputy responded to a disturbance in progress at a business on Lake Palourde Road in Amelia. Upon arrival, the deputy learned that Hines became intoxicated and began yelling at employees. Hines refused to leave the establishment after being told to do so several times. She also continued to yell profane language throughout the course of the investigation. The deputy transported Hines to the parish jail. Bail is set at $1,000.
- Serigo Cerritos, 23, 1170 Lake View Drive, Amelia, LA was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 6:56 pm for simple battery. A deputy responding to a complaint of a disturbance at a residence in Amelia learned that Cerritos repeatedly struck a male victim in the face. The victim refused medical treatment at the time of the investigation. The deputy transported Cerritos to the parish jail for booking. He was released after posting $500 bond.
- Lakendrick Chambers, 25, 321 Federal Avenue, Morgan City, LA was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 9:48 pm on a warrant for failure to appear on the charges of simple battery, domestic abuse battery (with a child present), aggravated assault, and remaining where forbidden. During booking at the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center, a jailer located the active warrant for Chambers. No bail is set.
The Narcotics Division made the following arrests:
- Jerret Cortez, 27, 249 Vivian Street, Bayou L'Ourse, LA was arrested on October 22, 2015 at 5:14 pm for possession of methamphetamine and resisting an officer. Detectives with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office Narcotics Division observed Elias Todd driving on Roderick Street in Morgan City. Detectives knew that Todd was a suspect in an ongoing theft investigation and stopped the vehicle. During the stop, detectives also made contact with a passenger identified as Cortez. Both subjects agreed to come to the St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office in Morgan City in reference to the investigation. Narcotics Detectives then developed information that Cortez was in possession of illegal drugs. Detectives obtained a search warrant for Cortez's person and located a small bag of methamphetamine. Cortez continuously resisted detectives during the search. Following the investigation, he was transported to the parish jail for booking. No bail is set.