Stocks Rebound On Wall Street: Acadiana Business Index
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 153 points to 10,809.
- A report that European Union finance ministers are discussing ways to recapitalize European banks, fueled a strong comeback in the final hour of trading, and pushing all market indexes into positive territory.
- In corporate news: Apple unveiled the latest generation of its iPhone, the 4S, featuring a faster processing chip, better camera and voice-command capability. AAPL down 0.5% to 372.50.
- Dow Chemical, the world’s second largest chemicals company, said it has reduced its growth forecast for Europe and the U.S., but would still meet profit goals. DOW up 6% to 22.80.
- Ford reached a tentative agreement with the United Auto Workers, clearing the way for a vote by the end of the week on a contract that promises signing bonuses and additional jobs at U.S. plants. F up 7.6% to 01.08.
- Crude oil traded lower, settling at $75.67 a barrel.
- And Gold closing at $1,616 an ounce.