Stop Sign Violation Leads To Drug And Gun Arrests
Running a stop sign led to so much more Thursday afternoon.
Scott Police Chief Chad Leger says an officer pulled over a vehicle after it ran through the intersection of Mills Street and West Willow Street, but when the driver got out of the vehicle, he and his passenger took off running. Officers eventually caught up to 20-year-old Raheem Syon of Lafayette and 20-year-old Letravein Chevalier of Scott in the 700 block of Mills Street.
Syon faces the following charges:
- LA R.S. 32:123 Stop Sign
- LA R.S. 32:415 Driver’s License Suspended
- LA R.S. 47:501 Failure to Register Vehicle
- LA R.S. 47:519 Misuse of Temporary Plates
- 14:108 Resisting an Officer
Chevalier faces the following charges:
- LA R.S. 14:108 Resisting an Officer
- LA R.S. 40:966 Possession of a Schedule I Narcotic (Marijuana)
- LA R.S. 15:95E Possession of a Firearm while in Illegal Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- LA R.S. 14:69.1 Illegal Possession of Stolen Firearms
They are both in the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center.