Best Summer Camps In and Near Lafayette
Looking for a great summer camp for your child in Lafayette and around Acadiana? Well look no further. Your kiddos are going to love what Acadiana has to offer this summer! We have the complete guide for what is heating up in the hottest season.
The camp schedule is designed to meet the summer needs of most families with sessions beginning June 3 and running through July 26. No camps are offered the first week of July (due to Independence Day). Several camps have multiple sessions, with a few offering half day or full day options.
- St. Thomas More is offering more than 10 summer camps including football, boys and girls basketball, Lil' Sparklers dance, softball, volleyball, boys and girls soccer, baseball, cheerleading and speed power agility.
- Blue Ribbon Camp - So many great activities your child will love: swimming, karate, horseback riding, canoeing, volleyball, etc. The Blue Ribbon Camp is for kids Pre-K through 8th Grade. All your child needs is tennis shoes, a bathing suit, and a towel. For more info click here.
- Winshape is a day camp that provided professionally trained staff to create a fun atmosphere for children who have completed grades K-6. Winshape is sponsored by Chick-fil-A and Core Essentials and partners with local churches to provide an exciting camp experience for campers right here in Acadiana.
- LSU Continuing Education is offering a summer reading skills program in Lafayette for students entering Kindergarten through 12th grade. The classes are taught by professional instructors from the Institute of Reading Development.
- Champagne's Martial Arts Academy is offering a three week "Kick Off the Summer" program for new students. This camp gives children a fun and positive way to burn calories and socialize with quality friends in a safe setting. It also promotes high self-esteem and takes them away from the television. For more information contact (337) 216-7575 .
- UL Athletics offers several camps during the summer for all sports, boys and girls. Visit ragincajuns.com or call (337) 482-5393.
- HAM Camp at the Children's Museum of Acadiana. HAM Camp is about helping others in time of need or disaster. Some of the activities will include learning to operate an amateur radio, learning radio communication skills, and much more. For more info click here.
- Messy Media Camp at the Children's Museum of Acadiana. The kids will be able to play and get as messy as they want under supervision while parents are out and about running errands. For more info click here.
- Jewelry Camp at the Children's Museum of Acadiana. Kids will learn the different types of designs and construction of jewelry. Campers will have their own set of personal jewelry. For more info click here.
- Mural Painting Camp at the Children's Museum of Acadiana.
- Summer Camps at the YMCA. The YMCA is hosting several, fun summer camps all throughout the summer. Some of the daily activities will include: horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, archery, fishing, obstacle course, etc. Register now!
- CYT Summer Camp- So many great camps to choose from. Singing, dancing, acting, games, etc.
- Vermilionville Cultural Immersion Summer Camp- Vermilionville Living History Museum and Folklife Park will be hosting a summer camp for children between the ages of six and thirteen throughout the month of July. This Cultural Immersion Summer Camp will teach children and focus on Acadian, Creole, and Native American cultures which Vermilionville represents. For more information click here or contact (337)233-4077.