Summertime Means Homemade Ice Cream
Even though it might have felt like summer for a long time, it's officially here now, and we love it! Nothing quite says 'Summertime in the South' like some delicious homemade ice cream! I spent lots of summers cranking aluminum cylinders filled with creamy cold concoctions, packing down the ice, and sprinkling big chunks of salt on that ice to keep it cold, while the churn went round and round. And now I have an electric ice cream maker, which somehow doesn't seem quite as much fun.
Southern Living Magazine always has the best and easiest recipes for homemade ice cream. And what could be better than putting together a cool and refreshing treat for the dog days of summer? Some of my favorites are below, but check out their recipes for Homemade Ice Cream, and have a fantastic summer, y'all!.
- Coffee Liqueur Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Lemon Ice Box Pie Ice Cream
- Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- Justine's Pineapple Mint Ice Cream
- Buttermilk Plum Ice Cream
- Bourbon Butter Salted Pecan Ice Cream
- Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
- Peach and Toasted Pecan Ice Cream
- Banana Coconut Ice Cream
- No Cook Fig Mint Ice Cream